Tuesday 12 August 2008

Doomsday and old memories

A few days ago, I came across DoomsDay... and boy, it bring back a lot of memories.


I still remember my high-school programming classes when the whole class used to deathmatch each other in Doom instead of programming. That was about... some... well... man... it was around 10 years ago. I think I'm getting old.

Games like Doom, DukeNukem3D and Quake were all the rage back then. And it was relatively easy to make new levels for Doom. Anyway, to those who don't know, DoomsDay is a enhanced source port of the Doom game (whose source has been released years ago by IdSoftware). This particular source port comes with an hardware-accelerated renderer as well as some 3d models for the game entities.

It works with Doom (the normal Doom and UltimateDoom), DoomII, Heretic and Hexen.

No comments: